Sunday, December 17, 2006

Home Versus "Busy"






Today was a day that I felt like a bird that had been caged too long. Meeting everyone's needs, especially when sick, is very draining. The walls, at times, felt like they were going to close in on me. I feel this way from time to time. I do not panic. I know that it is a natural reaction from serving day in and day out. Being needed is such a powerful feeling.

As monotonous as some days may seem, I would not rather they be filled with scheduled this or that. I think it is sad how overscheduled or families are these days. I really have a passion for protecting our time here at home.

We do get out. There are weekly practices or get togethers with other families. Shopping with four children is always a real experience, but one I would not trade. I am careful not to "overdo". Maybe some may say that I am overprotective or somewhat of a hermit. There are worse things I suppose.

I believe that being at home with our children is important. I am blessed in that I get to do it full time. There are so many advantages to simply chosing to stay home more than being "busy" with too many outside activities and engagements.

* Being home encourages creativity.

* Being home creates security.

* Being home allows for less stress.

* Being home promotes reading.

* Being home fosters relationships.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You inspire me. . . It is easy to get overwhelmed being with kids all the time. I'm right there with you that I would have it no other way. Even during the hardest times I can't imagine doing anything different. Thanks for being so honest. I love reading about your days. love you, Jen