Monday, December 14, 2009

As of Late

Our family has been quite busy lately as we have been enjoying this Christmas season. By the way, the A-door-able Advent Calendar is great, but it does take a lot of effort and time. It has been fun, but things like my blog and our laundry have kind of taken a back seat.


We have been enjoying park play dates, decorating, making crafts, homeschooling, playing lots of Christmas music, going to special church activities, baking and traveling. Here are a few pictures from the past week.
One of our advent activities was late night hot chocolate by the fire. That was fun and cozy. Yes, just call us rebel parents serving up chocolate to our kids after 8pm. Side note, we did catch a couple jumping on their beds just before sleep time. Bet you can figure which two. :)


In Science we studied Snails. We thought we would have a little snail race to see whose snail finished first. Notice that the first picture was taken outside. The little snails didn't really like all the wind that day, so we had to move them in. This is a come back later activity. If you didn't know, they are pretty slow. :) Madelyn's snail finished first. She was delighted.


Just clowning.

One of our advent activities was craft night. We decorated green felt Christmas trees and hung them up in our dining room. I got the idea from Family Fun magazine.

Here the kids are making sugar cookies. I finally found a great recipe that works well with our egg substitute. I packed my patience for this. All kids had flour up to their elbows. They loved it though. I just surrendered to the mess and it was much more enjoyable. Kalen was my buddy. He stuck with me through it all, even clean up.







2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'd like to see the recipe! I made some great cookies using the recipe from the back of the Trader Joe's chocolate chip bag. They turned out awesome! Have you tried that one yet? Next time I go to TJs I'm going to get a case of those chocolate chips!

love you all, Jen

laurie said...

I can just imagine the bustle in your home these days. Thanks for sharing some of these wonderful Christmas memories.

I will miss having lunch with you this year, but we are staying in TN.

Praying for you and Scott to have some sweet time with each other this weekend. Happy early Anniversary!!!