Friday, February 19, 2010

This Day

The following song lyrics came to my mind today. It is an older song by Point of Grace. (Scott will be cracking up over the mention of Point of Grace) I use to listen to this group a lot in college. It is a song that I remember singing over and over.

This morning I got a call from my mom before 8 am. So, I knew as soon as I saw her name on my phone that something was possibly wrong. She informed me that my great aunt had passed last night. I knew Beulah had been sick, even recently broke her hip. It was pneumonia that took the last bit of strength she had. My breath was taken as I took in this news. What an amazingly strong woman. What a powerful and capable individual. I have such fond memories of summers spent in her and my grandma's company.

Sadness lingers as I go room to room with our children continuing in another day's work. Life here goes on. I know my grandma and mom are super sad and I would give anything just to sit with them right now. My aunt is at peace now, that is what I keep telling myself.

I moseyed over to my computer and found a friend's post announcing that she is expecting her fifth child. I have heard it said that when a life ends a new life begins, this is true and there is such hope in that.

This Day
Words & music by lowell alexander

This day is fragile - soon it will end
And once it has vanished, it will not come again
So let us love with a love pure and strong
Before this day is gone

This day is fleeting when it slips away
Not all our money can buy back this day
So let us pray that we might be a friend
Before this day is gone

This day is fleeting
When it slips away
Not all our money can buy back this day
So let us pray that we might be a friend
Before this day is spent

This day we're given is golden
Let us show love
This day is ours for one moment
Let us sow love

This day is frail - it will pass by
So before it's too late to recapture the time
Let us share love, let us share God
Before this day is gone
Before this day is gone

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am sorry to hear about your Aunt, I will keep your mom and grandma in my prayers. I lost my love, my Grandpa in April and then lost my other Grandpa last sunday and hope that having this next baby boy that he will carry some of their spirit. It is comforting to know what a great place she is in now, and no longer having to fight.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry, Anna. We'll be praying for you and your precious family. I love you.