Thursday, January 4, 2007

Capturing Christmas








Our Christmas 2006 was indeed joyful. We will take away many memories from this special time with family.

We started our holiday off right with a performance by Madelyn in the Nutcracker. She did an amazing job and really enjoyed herself. We are so proud of you, Madelyn!

The kids and I tried to learn some carols throughout the month of December. It would crack me up to be walking through the house and hear Kalen (our two year old) singing "Go Tell It On The Mountain". Of course, the chorus was repeated over and over.

We talked about the manger scene a couple of times. Curious to hear their responses, I asked them, "if you could have been there when Jesus was born, who would you have liked to have been." Madelyn replied with the angel. Julian said, "I would like to have been a shepherd." Without hesitation, Kalen said, "Jesus." Of course, the star of the show, right?

Overall, fun was had by all this Christmas. We are thankful for the time to spend with family. That was truly the greatest gift.

There are several photos of various glimpses into some gift receiving and visiting with family, such as my grandmother, my sister-in-law Shanda, my brother Ryan and his two children, Grayson and Anna Kristin.

No comments: