Sunday, January 28, 2007

Far away friends



Recently, my family and I have been able to visit with some friends that live far from our home. Mandy a very close friend from college came to North Carolina all the way from Washington. She was visiting for her mother's birthday and brought her sweet little girl, Abby. Brayden and I drove down to her folk's house and just spent some time with them. It was refreshing and sweet. Mandy is a dear and life giving friend.

Chris, a good friend from college came into town. He is now working with IMB (International Mission Board). We were able to have a meal with him and give him a little taste of our world here at home. He read a book to the kids before bed. After the kids went down for the night, Scott and I sat and chatted with Chris for a long while. Chris is an amazing and adventurous soul.

I have a lot of long distance friends. Over the years, these friendships have given me such comfort and love. Sometimes it is hard when I can't wrap my arms around them. Keeping up with these friends ( you know who you are) is a priority and will be my entire life.

No comments: