Saturday, January 6, 2007

My Hero

I have always admired my husband. I would say even since the first day we met. Today, I can officially call him my hero. He truly rescued me throughout the entire day. From an early morning with our 8 month old and 2 year old to a cramping wife on the bed, he stepped up. He put on love all day. He stayed positive. He chose love.

Honestly, I was frustrated that my two youngest were up at the crack of dawn. I wanted to sleep. I wore that on my face for a long while. Yet, Scott served me orange juice and said, "good morning, can I get you anything?" What an angel. He made us french toast and patiently had a response to each of our two year old's 87 questions.

Our day was filled with his goodness. He took the three big kids outside for an hour it seemed. They played hard with bows, arrows, and swords. He would fall to the ground, after losing a battle with one of his "enemies." Soon, those same enemies (Kalen and Julian) would come to kiss his head to revive him. Scott would jump back up and run after them.

Just after the two little ones were sleeping he takes Julian out to the bookstore for a little time of reading. During this visit, Julian decides he wants a rather large book by an author he is familar with. Scott convinces Julian to wait and they can look for it at the library. As soon as they get home, Scott looks for the book at both libraries in town. He soon tells me he wants to take the three big kids to the ASU library to get the book he promised Julian. He made it clear to me that he wanted to follow through with what he had told Julian. What an honorable man!

Later, after supper he reads to the children on the couch as I clean up the kitchen. This is when I was able to really reflect over all the days events. I ask myself, "how can so much heroism happen here in this home in one day?" It became clear to me that my husband chose to love unconditionally today. He put on love in the most amazing way. He met our needs and loved us even when we were unlovable.

How many of us can say that we love unconditionally? It is an amazing gift to be loved unconditionally. I find it very inspiring. I admire my husband. I can honestly say that he is rescuing me from myself and the circumstances that surround me daily, just like Jesus,

No comments: