Monday, July 20, 2009

Double-Chocolate Brownies

The following recipe makes the best vegan brownies I have ever tasted. I got the recipe from my VegNews Magazine. I must give credit where credit is due, it comes from Sweetpea Baking Company.


Double-Chocolate Brownies

2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 c coffee (the liquid, not the grinds- I used our decaf from breakfast)
2 tbsp ground flaxseed (if you have never ground flaxseed, get yourself a coffee grinder for just grounding flaxseed)
3/4 c water
1 cup plus 2 tbsp canola oil
1 tbsp vanilla
1/4 chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt until combined.

2. Add coffee, ground flaxseed, water, oil, and vanilla, and mix with a spatula unitl mixture is thick and wet.

3. Spread batter into prepared baking dish, and sprinkle with chocolate chips (I used more chocolate chips than suggested). Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Enjoy!

Happy baking!

2 comments:

FreeK said...

This sounds pretty easy, can I assume it is healthy? Love checking out your blog, so glad you are feeling better.

Mama Teaching 3 said...

I am so making these! I just need to get the coffee.