Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sickly and Loving Mr. Mom

I am doing a little better today, but I have been quite sick the last few days. I have to brag on my family for a minute. Scott has totally taken over and been such a fantastic Mr. Mom. He has done such a great job of catering to my every need and caring for all the children's as well. I have felt so terrible, and yet I have been delighted at Scott's love and care for me. Yesterday afternoon after seeing how out of it I was, he put his studies aside and took the kids to the pool for hours. He had to teach a group of 30 students at UNC last night and he took our kids with him! But do you know what he did before that? He went out and rented Slumdog Millionaire for me to watch. I was so sick. I was able to sleep and when I woke, I was totally weak and was able to zone out and watch a wonderful movie. Scott said our kids were angels. He had brought books, the portable Nintendo DS, snacks and such. They kept busy for 3 hours! Right now he has taken them to the library and to get rewards for doing such an amazing job last night. I am so in love. Time to rest.
Photo by Brady as everyone was playing around me this afternoon. You know I don't feel well when I let my three year old walk around taking pictures of whatever he wants.

Here is a picture of today's harvest. Can you believe these tomatoes? We are so thankful.

Scott has the mint ready to be dried for making tea. We have never done this, but are looking forward to hopefully having some homegrown/homemade mint tea. We all love tea.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get well wishes, will be praying for your speedy recovery! ~Brooke

TS said...

I hope you feel better soon. Can't wait to see you in a few days!

Gotta love that Scottie!

laurie said...

I hate you have been sick..sorry dear friend. But I know you have been in good hands! I love you and am praying you feel better soon!

Laura said...

oh no! everything grinds to a near-halt when the mom is down! i hope you are feeling better and are enjoying a family that wants to help take care of YOU. get better soon.

Kallie said...

What a great harvest. That is very exciting. Do you know about Mary Jane's Farm. I think you would like it. She has a fabulous magazine and you can find more info at www.maryjanesfarm.org
The 4th of July pics are great too. It looks like you had a lot of fun.