Monday, July 13, 2009

A Morrison First

My friend, Kim, gave us a gallon of paint that was practically full. It pushed us over the edge, and we decided to paint a room in our house. We have never painted a wall or room in our home in Durham or in Boone. This would be a first for our family. We went out the day before yesterday and bought the materials we needed as I was starting to feel better. Scott taped off one side of the room and we painted the first coat yesterday. I was feeling so much better and super excited about having color on our walls! I have been trying to convince Scott for years about painting. :)

We probably would not have picked out this color in the store, but because it was free and a bright color, we were okay with it. Now, I actually really love it!






5 comments:

Jennifer said...

love it! Wow, free paint--that's great. What room are you going to do next? love, jen

The Presnell's said...

That looks great!! I love color! It gets addicting. You will soon, stop liking all the white walls and will want to paint another room quick and then another and then another, haha! We still have the upstairs hall ways and 2 rooms left to paint and then we're done....or until I get bored with the colors we have and want to repaint them, heehee.

Anna Morrison said...

We are painting the half bath downstairs next . . . um . . . TODAY!! Yes, this is quite addictive. I love it!! I love color! We are using the same color for the bathroom since we have some left. I am thinking the living room would be next. I am digging this. :)

TS said...

I LOVE THIS! I only have a hallway that is painted white.

Anonymous said...

The color looks beautiful! So glad to see and hear you are feeling better too. ~ Brooke