Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Date Night at Home

Every now and again I put on a nice dress, high heels, and make-up, and I even curl my hair. I look like I am ready to walk out the door, but I don't. I light some candles, make something sweet and have a date night at home with Scott. Make no mistakes about it, I love my husband.

Madelyn was in on it this past week. She saw me getting a dress out and asked me what I was doing. I told her, so she followed me downstairs to see the brownies and help get ready for Daddy. She snapped some photos. I like knowing that she saw my excitement. She knows how much I love her Daddy.

Maintaining a strong relationship with Scott is crucial for me. Each night we have a date night. I don't get all dolled up every time, but we are together for hours just enjoying being together. If you have read the book The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman (highly recommended), you should know that I am very much a quality time person. Scott loves me so well by just being near me each night. I am so thankful for my husband. I am glad that we are continuing to learn about and love each other and that we enjoy being with one another so much.


5 comments:

Brooke said...

How sweet! The best gift you can give your kids is for their Mom and Dad to have a great relationship. That's neat that Maddie is seeing you be a great mom and wife.

The Presnell's said...

All I can say is wow. We find it hard to do things like that and we only have 1 child. That's awesome!

TS said...

Super cute!

love you :)

Laura said...

love this post! love that you are continuing to pursue your husband. and LOVE the heels. who says a mom to four can't still be hip and hot? :)

laurie said...

You are absolutely stunning! Way to be creative with your hubby!