Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Choosing Love

If you have not noticed already, I am a huge admirer of Mother Teresa. I love the life she led. I am amazed by her purity and clarity of mind. Her love for others and the Lord is so refreshing. Within Everything Starts from Prayer, a meditational book, there are numerous quotes that are life giving to me. I will share one with you.

You may be exhausted with work,
even kill yourself, but unless your work
is interwoven with love, it is useless.

Today, as all four of our kids are sick, this quote gives life to me. I am reminded that I need to pour on love. That love should be unconditional. It does no good running circles around all of them meeting needs if I am complaining, huffing and puffing (guilty). They need to see love in its puriest form. Love given freely.

No comments: