Thursday, February 22, 2007

Grocery Shopping

Two days ago I went to the grocery store with the kids after Madelyn's ballet class. We only needed a few items. Kids were doing great. No stroller this time. I was holding Brayden and the other three were on foot. The cashier was bagging our items as I had to remind the children to stay near and not climb on things. There was a small line behind us. I began to write a check as Brady tried his best to write it as well. In the back of mind, I was thinking about what a show I must be giving the other customers in line.

As I began to walk away with my groceries and children, I overheard the man behind me say something. "Don't you love it when they bring the kids?" he asked the cashier. She in turn just snickered. For all those that know me, know that I just continued to walk out of the store.

I take offense to this comment. It is hard work taking my four kids in any store. They were not out of control. Sometimes they do need many reminders, but they never act like animals. They are not adults by any stretch of the imagination. They should not be expected to act like one.

I could hire a babysitter and go to the grocery store alone. What fun is that? I want to be with my children. My children deserve to be with me. There are many learning opportunties. As we are a homeschooling family, we believe the world is the classroom.

No comments: