Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Purity of Mind

It disgusts me ,to a certain degree, that the news has been daily discussing the issues surrounding Anna Nicole Smith and Britney Spears. I do not watch that much TV. When I do it is intentional. I still can not avoid the daily chatter about the former playmate and the pop star gone wrong. I do not want to disrespect these two ladies, but I do not think that their "stories" need to be played over and over in the media. It is quite sad that our society is so saturated with such things.

I have to admit, I did wonder why Britney Spears shaved her head. I definitely feel sorry for her kids. I do think the situation surrounding the death of Anna Nicole is terribly sad. I feel for their families. I think they deserve respect and to be left alone.

As I had these thoughts in my mind today, I remembered some of Scott's favorite verses. In the book of Philippians 4:8 it talks about fixing our thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. It goes on to encourage thinking about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. These words were written long ago by Paul to as many believers as he could reach. This encourages me to not get caught up in the fascination within the news. Yes, also, it encourages me to keep the TV OFF!

No comments: