Thursday, April 12, 2007

Honey at home

This week has been so wonderful to have Scott home. If you have read The Five Love Languages by Dr. Chapman, you will appreciate me saying that I am such a quality time person. Scott has been on Spring break. His sixth graders will return on Monday.

It has been refreshing for him to just be present during the day. Not only has he been present, he has helped. He has served me a cup of coffee now and then. He has stepped in, allowing me to take an earlier than usual shower. He has helped Julian with Math and Madelyn with reading. He has been the fun loving presence and comic relief that is so needed in this family. I am so thankful for a husband that enjoys being home. He truly loves spending time with his wife and family. I think sometimes I take for granted the family man that Scott is. I love that about him.

We have been productive this week. We knew it would be a great chance to begin the packing process. It is interesting to be living amongst so many boxes. We figure everyday we can be doing something. Yesterday and the day before were books. Today is picture day. We are taking down all pictures and boxing those.

I am really excited about our move. I think we have a lot to be hopeful about. We have family support behind us. Scott is pursuing a life long dream. The kids and I will be moving into a more spacious homeschooling environment. We have so much to be thankful about.

No comments: