Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Sick feeling

Today, I have been quite preoccupied with thoughts concerning the tragedies that occurred yesterday in Virginia. I do have a sick feeling about it all. Honestly, I want to have that feeling. I do not want to feel guilty for living but sad that life has ended for those involved in the shootings yesterday. I do want the rest of my day and life to be affected by this.

I gathered the kids around the table, as usual, this morning for prayer and a little chat. I told them that something really sad happened yesterday. Knowing I couldn't go into detail, I told them that thirty or so people got really hurt yesterday in Virginia. I told them that we needed to pray for each of their families. My children didn't know that so many had actually died. Their prayers were hopeful. They prayed for the people to be healed and fixed. They prayed that their families would be okay and happy. Whew.

It is depressing that something like this could happen. As a mother, I honestly am fearful. I am trying to think positively, but it is hard. I read Psalm 121 this morning to the kids. It speaks of God giving help and protecting. I want to believe that and trust in it for this day and time.

Lord, I know that you know us. You see what surrounds us. Please bring comfort, peace and restoration. May these events spur us on to think purely and act as you would want us to, loving our neighbor. In Jesus, Amen.

No comments: