Sunday, April 29, 2007

Little Rainbow






~The photos are of rehearsals, Madelyn and her buddy Hattie Rose, Julian and Bryant, and Brayden and I.

Madelyn Virginia practiced her little heart out last week during rehearsals and it all paid off yesterday. She danced in a recital with her fancy tap shoes. She danced to a song called 'Boogie' and did she ever. She and her whole class did a great job. Scott and the gang, along with his parents and sister all came to watch Maddie and her moves. We celebrated afterwards with pizza and cupcakes.

She performed in The Wizard of Oz ballet show last night. She and her classmates, played the part of little rainbows. Madelyn and I were on our own after she performed, the boys stayed home. We decided to stick around and watch some more of the show. It was a special time for her and I. I couldn't help but just stare at her a few times. It's days like these that make a mother gulp and fight back the tears. The realization comes that she is truly growing, gaining independence and capable of big things. I must have told her ten times how proud I was of her and how she just looked amazing. As I was tucking her in, after a little bedtime snack, I saw her confidence and delight. She knew she had accomplished something and she knew she was loved.

No comments: