Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Bikes






I don't know about you but I can almost remember exactly when bikes were given to me as a child. What a thrill it is to have that first look at it and then ride.

Our boys have been needing new bikes. Julian was outgrowing his and Kalen was testing out Madelyn's big bike almost daily. Madelyn is still good with her big girl purple bike with training wheels.

Scott found a good deal on a bike in Durham for Julian. He snatched it up and came home for the big surprise. Kalen would, in turn, get a new bike as well. Scott also picked up some bells for Jules and Kalen.

The kids took instantly to their bikes. Julian's new bike only has hand brakes, but he really got the whole thing quickly. He also has the manuel gear shift. What a thrill! Kalen is Mr. Speedy on his new big boy bike. Madelyn just took it all in. She is, of course, happy for her brothers.

The boys got their bikes two days ago. For the past two mornings, I go outside with my coffee and watch my boys ride their bikes before 8am.

We just returned from a huge family adventure. We ventured up the road to the American Tobacco Trail. All the kids rode their bikes and Scott and I walked with Brady in the jogging stroller. We went so far. I have not sweat like that in years. The kids did an amazing job.

No comments: