Friday, June 1, 2007

Farewell to Boone




Yesterday the water gates opened as I packed up our four children and Scott and I prepared them to say goodbye to their home here in Boone. The kids were upbeat and cheery, as their mother was trying to control her face from displaying the 'ugly cry'. We left successfully and I got the kids to Wilkesboro where Mom and Annette would then pick up the kids for the weekend.

I was a mess. I do not usually leave my children. I am not a 'put them in nursery' or 'get a babysitter' kind of mom. Not that that is bad, I am just not one to do that. Waving goodbye to them was hard. Sweet Scott just let me cry almost all the way back up the mountain. I knew the kids would be fine. I knew we were all going to be fine. Transitions are just hard.

We came back to Boone and Scott took me out. We chatted and laughed about several memories that came to mind. It was refreshing. We got back home and I got in the packing mode.

Today we will finish packing and load the trucks. Tomorrow we will head to Durham, our new home.

So, we say goodbye to this amazing house. Goodbye to all the wonderful memories, with joy and hope for the future.
I will not be posting for awhile. I will get back to it in a week or so, I imagine. Keep us in your thoughts.

No comments: