Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Cozy

This afternoon, after all our homeschooling table work was done, we went to the museum. We met up with a few of my girlfriends from Durham and their kids. Altogether, we had ten kids. It was quite a crew. We had a delightful time.


While we were there, we visited the butterfly house. Within that building, there is a section that features all sorts of bugs. I was hanging out with Brayden and Kalen as they looked through magnifying glasses at the life cycles of different bugs. Now, these were real things, non-living things, but they had once been living and had somehow been preserved for the museum. They weren't just looking at photos. Kalen is an extremely verbal child. I listened as he talked about what he was seeing. He was looking at the life cycle of a moth. He looked through the magnifying glass at the tiny egg and said, "Mommy, there's the egg . . . oh, now this one is the wormy (referring to the larva stage) . . . and Mommy, this one is the cozy (referring to the pupa or chrysalis stage) and there's the big Moth!" It was completely cute. I pointed to the chrysalis again and asked him what it was and he told me it was a cozy. I had to hear it again. How cute is that? A cozy. I love that. This is laugh jar material.

1 comment:

Mama Teaching 3 said...

The cozy! How sweet is he???? What a delightful sweet child. :)