Saturday, October 31, 2009

Costume Fun

My mom and Annette visited two days ago and brought bags full of homemade costumes for our kids. Mom has been making them costumes for Halloween for the past couple of years. This year, she out did herself. She made several things; a dinosaur, clown, princess layered skirt, and a oriental costume. There is no telling how many hours were spent stitching these gorgeous costumes. Thanks, Mom. You love us so well. Thanks for using your special gift of sewing to give to us.

I am sharing lots of photos of us dressed up. Notice I said us. Scott found this awesome wig and we put a costume together for him. Julian is wearing a black cape that Mom made him last year, along with a mask for what he calls a dementor (inspired by the Harry Potter dementor characters). He found the mask at a thrift store. We thought we would let him go with the scarier costume this year. It is what he wanted. We figure you have to let them grow up sometime, right? I decided to dress up in the oriental costume that Mom made.

Happy Halloween!











6 comments:

FreeK said...

Could I hire her next year? She does a great job. Happy Halloween!
BTW are you having trouble posting pictures on blogger? Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't. Not sure what my problem is. For now I can only post videos.

FreeK said...

Could I hire her next year? She does a great job. Happy Halloween!
BTW are you having trouble posting pictures on blogger? Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't. Not sure what my problem is. For now I can only post videos.

Laura said...

so fun!! love the way you and scott dressed up. too funny friend. way to go, your mom!

Chrystal said...

Wow!! What great costumes! That is such a speciial gift from your mom. Miss you bunches!

Brooke said...

Maddie looks like a true Southern Belle. The dinosaur costume is adorable! But not sure who looked scarier...Julian or Scott!
(Just kidding Scott :)

TS said...

The bad news is a I actually know a girl that has this same hair style and color... hee hee

That Scottie.....

Great job on the costumes Deb!