Friday, October 16, 2009

Packing My Bag


I am heading out of town today. This time, I won't have children in tow. I am riding with a van full of ladies up to Black Mountain, NC. Our church has planned their annual Women's Retreat. This is the first year I have attempted to go. Scott will be flying solo at home with our troops.


I have butterflies in my stomach as I pack my one and only bag. Leaving my family will be bittersweet. I know this time away will be refreshing. At the same time, I will be missing the home life here. I am a home body. My heart is here. I have days when I want to get away and need some quiet. I am sometimes weary and weak. We all need our space. Mostly though, I crave family life. I can't get enough. Even when I am working towards the bed time hour and the freedom that lies beyond it, I am right where I want to be.

My hope for this weekend is to be encouraged. I am praying for rest and a renewed spirit. I also pray that my family will remain safe and enjoy sweet Daddy time. I would appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Anna,

My prayer is that you will indeed be blessed by rejuvenation, rest, and overall a different pace of life. I know your wonderful family will be so happy to greet you when you arrive home. I'm truly sad that it didn't work out for me to attend, too. That would have been a great time to get to know each other better. I trust God has other time set aside! Cheers, amanda

laurie said...

I'm proud of you for taking time away with other girls and our sweet Savior. May your mornings be greeted with a newness that lasts longer than the day. You will be a better momma when you return. Enjoy. Savor. and be refreshed!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel. There's no place like home with the family. I do hope & pray you will return inspired & refreshed.
Blessings! ~Brooke