Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin Cookies

Today, the kids and I made pumpkin cookies. I got the recipe from a book I checked out by Deanna Cook at my local library. I thought I would share some pictures and the recipe with you all. Enjoy!



Kalen took a nice shot of the wet mixture being poured into the dry mixture.




Pumpkin Cookies
(I made mine vegan, but you don't have to)
What you need:
1/2 c of butter or margarine ( I used Earth Balance)
3/4 c of brown sugar
1/4 c of molasses
1 egg ( I used an egg replacer)
1 c pumpkin mash or canned pumpkin
2 c all- purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 c raisins or choc. chips ( I went for the dark choc. chips)

What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the molasses and egg, and beat well. Beat in the pumpkin mash; set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and spices.
3. Stir the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture until combined. Then, mix in the raisins or choc. chips.
4. Drop the batter by teaspoonfuls (I used a bigger scoop) onto an ungreased cookie sheet, spacing the cookies at least 1 inch apart. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies spring back when lightly pressed. Serve with a cold glass of milk (or soymilk). :)



3 comments:

laurie said...

oh my those look delightfully good! That is a must recipe, but I may try it with butternut squash since I have some extra right now.
You can tell little man is REALLY enjoying them:-)

Mama Teaching 3 said...

YUM! I am so excited my library has the book!!! Thankyou!

TS said...

These are super yummy! We made them today. They were a big hit with the whole family:)