Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Leaving his mark






This morning I watched my guy leave for Blowing Rock School for the last time. Ever since I knew him, he has been teaching there. He put in 11 full years.

Scott definitely left his mark at this school. He was quite the activist. He made huge statements with his vegan meals each day for lunch. Then there was his commitment as the leader of the recycling program. Ahhh and the door. The front and back of his school room door was not decorated with bulletin board paper and cute cut outs. His door was decorated by bumper stickers that indeed had a voice of their own.

Scott has taught many subjects in his sixth grade classroom. I believe I could speak for him and say that his favorites have been social studies and reading. He has read so many novels with his kids, all of which he has read aloud to them.

His years have been full of students that truly adore him. The girls have had crushes as the boys have wanted to be like him and think he is the coolest. School functions were always fun as students would gather around our hero and speak so candidly. I believe he has been truly respected and liked.

So, we say goodbye to Blowing Rock School. The last thing Scott did today was leave a painted hand print above his door, there in the middle school hall. Scott is so good at leaving his mark.

Way to go, Scott! We are so proud of you! You have been such an amazing and dedicated teacher. I really look forward to our future! I know you are going to do great! I believe in you , , , I believe in us!

3 comments:

TS said...

What a neat guy you are married to. I am so excited for you and your family. What an adventure you are about to take. Good Luck to you all!

torie

Are you all packed yet? :)

Jennifer said...

We know leaving Boone is tough, but wherever you go you will take what you have learned there and share it. Boone roots are also great bragging rights! Good luck in the big city! You all are going to do great.

Daniel

Anonymous said...

Going from Mr. to Dr. to Prof. A beautiful thing. Your family's dedication to God and each other provides a powerful testimony to the rest of us. Enjoy the phases. Chris.