Saturday, August 23, 2008

Eager


Tonight, I am anxious.  I have spent several hours this weekend preparing for our upcoming homeschooling week.  We have not stopped homeschooling for the summer.  I did lighten the load quite a bit though.  This week we will add subjects like history, vocabulary and language back into the mix.  

Our kids are growing up so quickly.  I can't believe we have a 3rd grader!  It's nuts.  Julian is capable of so much more than he was just two years ago.  Madelyn is our creative first grader, such a willing learner.  Kalen, our preschooler, is so eager to learn as well.  I have to get him by the shoulders almost daily and tell him that I am not letting him do any more table work.  I don't think he should plow through a Kindergarten workbook in one sitting, do you?  Then there's our little ball player, Brayden.  He loves sports.  He totally wants to be a part of our homeschool and loves to listen to books.  

I am overwhelmed, but so joyful.  Teaching our children can be super heavy at times, but it is more than wonderful.  Our experiences in our home daily are so rich.  Sure, we have less than wonderful moments, but we survive and we learn.  

I am thankful today for homeschooling.  I am so grateful for my students; Julian, Madelyn, Kalen and Brayden.

No comments: