Monday, August 11, 2008

Sea Creatures

We are a creature loving family.  Naturally, at the beach, we were hunting the whole week long for sea creatures and shells.  We were amazed one day when Madelyn went running to get the net.  She told me, "Mom, I found a turtle!"  I watched her grab the net and head toward the waves.  I really thought there was no way.  She was cute and all, but a sea turtle?  Really?  It turns out that she did spot one and she safely caught it in her net.  She brought it up for us to see.  In amazement we watched this tiny little baby sea turtle.  In the photo below, you see Maddie just after she found it and Kalen coming to bring her a bucket full of water for the sea turtle to rest safely in.  What a moment for the Morrison family.  






Just after this, Scott, Mads, Julian, and Kalen took the turtle out into the water.  It swam safely away.  


Madelyn holding a crab.


Kalen holding a starfish.  


We went up to the pier and saw a couple of people catch fish.


This is the unidentified fish that someone caught at the end of the pier.  Julian thought it might be a viper fish.  It had real sharp teeth and looked like an eel.


A nice fisherman and his daughters caught this little fish.  Julian and Kalen held it.

6 comments:

TS said...

It kind of looks like a ribbon eel. I LOVE the sea turtle. I was reminded by the baby sea turtles on Finding Nemo. CUTE!

Jen said...

Anna, Looks like you guys had such a wonderful time. We are heading to the the beach in a couple of weeks. I can hardly wait!

Jennifer said...

And I feel lucky finding a good shell!! I love the turtle and the star fish that is very cool. Glad you did not find a jelly fish :() I am afraid of those things!

The Presnell's said...

I can't believe you guys found a star fish. I have never seen one of those at the beach before, very cool find! I love love love turtles!! Looks like you guys had so much fun!! You have such goodlooking kiddies!

laurie said...

I'm so glad ya'll had such a wonderful time basking in the sun and finding God's little creatures. I know you guys made tons of memories! You know me and photos, and I just LOVE the picture of them in white. TOOO CUTE! Glad you guys are back home safely....

Ashley said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your top picture w/ the kids on the beach in white!!!!!!! You have a beautiful family.