Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Totally Inspired

I have this amazing friend, Andrea, that has started this Tuesday night girl's gathering.  Basically, you just come on over to her house after the kids are put down and work on whatever project you are working on.  I took my brown blanket that I am crocheting and met up with these creative girls.  

I walked into the smell of coffee and the sound of laughter.  There sat five ladies busy with their projects.  Most of them were working with t-shirts to create something or another.  I was blown away.  You all know my love for reusing.  These shirts, skirts and scarves were all made with old t-shirts.  Andrea has a book called Alabama Stitch Book .  This book has most of the ideas that these gals were using.  

Andrea made these from 6 different t-shirts


Andrea made this as well.  She used the pattern within her book.  She dyed the v-neck t-shirt green and stitched on the rose design by hand.  This is for her husband.



Andrea's sister-in-law, Nelly, was working on this one.  This was just something she came up with using materials she already had.  This is for her daughter.


Rebecca was cutting out pieces of t-shirts that she had dyed.  She was making a skirt for herself by hand stitching the seams and adding a waistband.  She is a gifted seamstress.

Needless to say, I will be returning to these Tuesday night gatherings.  I have it in me to be good with my hands like these ladies.  I just want to watch and learn.  I have already been through the kid's t-shirts to see which ones are old and could be reused in some sort of project.  I will keep you all posted if I create something worth being proud of.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Can I come!? What a wonderful idea and what amazing projects! Please post pictures of some of the things you create! Can't wait to see them :)

TS said...

Sounds like my kind of girls! Wish I lived closer.

Jennifer said...

OMG I want to come!!! I would love to have a group of creative girls to do things with.

laurie said...

What a fun thing!! I'm so glad your are making some sweet friends and having some Anna time. How refreshing!!! I can't wait to see your beautiful creations....

PS - Thanks for your prayers, please continue to pray for the funeral of this young guy. May God be glorified!!

Anonymous said...

thankful Papa has introduced you to such ladies- such laughter & creativity. i see his love for you in this outlet to grow in your love of reusing & making beautiful things. i am inspired- i'm painting my kitchen today! 0)