Monday, August 18, 2008

Royal Treatment

About a year ago, my mother-in- law, Jan, starting planning a girl's weekend away.  This would be a celebration of Shanda and I both turning 30 in 2008.  Sure enough, in secret she planned a getaway just for us girls.  

Friday, I left with directions to an unknown destination.  As I arrived, I was blown away.  Jan and Jerry had reservations for us at Grandover Resort, in Greensboro.  Needless to say, I was extremely excited.  What an incredible way for them to love on Shanda and I.    

The girls and I had an amazing time eating, talking, relaxing, getting a massage within Grandover's Spa, giggling, opening goody bags, swimming, watching the Olympics, sleeping in and shopping.  I couldn't have enjoyed myself more.  If this is what being 30 brings, bring it on!

Special thanks to my adorable husband that was willing to hold down the fort and care for our little ones.  Also, thank you Jerry and, especially, Jan.  It is so evident that you want to love on your children in tangible and memorable ways.  I move into another week restored, encouraged, loved on, and relaxed.  






4 comments:

laurie said...

Can I just say, WOW!! What a fabulous get-away. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful weekend with the girls. Soak it up girl!

The Presnell's said...

Can you say JEALOUS!! That looks wonderful! Everyone needs pampering though, so it's nice when you can, right? I want to go next! You look stunning as always!

Anonymous said...

your smile is growing brighter- fuller & speaks so loudly. please tell me you are blowing that pic of the kids backs at the beach up real BIG. a treasure. you are making memories. you are a mama loving lavishly, like jan loved on you & shanda. keep living out of your full glory girl- your life is making a difference in the world!!!
thankful for you.
your mandy

Gretchen said...

I was soooo excited to see that you posted about your girls weekend with Jan and Shanda! I was wondering where you girlies were going, and I always love seeing pictures of the three of you. Yes, bring on the 30's! They are WONDERFUL! Love you!