Saturday, February 21, 2009

Encouragement Tea

I am a part of a homeschooling group here in Durham.  Today, I went to our annual Encouragement Tea for homeschooling moms.  It is a time to gather together and give one another pep talks.  The cheerleader in me likes this sort of thing.  We all need to be cheered on and supported, right?  

This year I was able to host a table for this sweet event.  My friend, Torie, gave me a website with a lot of ideas for decorating a table.  I picked an art theme.  Within our homeschool, art is a source of life.  I thought I would bring that into today's time of encouragement.  My table turned out alright.  I received many compliments on the cuteness of it.  Thanks, Torie.  

Here's a little glimpse at my centerpiece.


Rachel, Kim, Ingrid, Shannon and Nellie all sat at my table.


Here I am with Kim.  She is one of my best buds here in Durham.  She has three children and homeschools them.


I am actually on my tippy toes in this picture.  My friend, Nellie, is tall.  She is a new friend of mine. She has three little ones, as well, and homeschools.  See, homeschoolers can be young, hip and vibrant.  :)

2 comments:

TS said...

Your table turned out great! You did a beautiful job.

none said...

Great job on the table! I have to say if I was sitting there, I propably would not have been able to resist using some of the art supplies. Very COOL!

I also homeschool my two oldest and our two babies (I think it's never to early to start teaching a child.)

I think that's such a blessing to have a group of homeschooling parents to encourage each other. Unfortunatly where we live (an extreemy small town) we don't have anything available for us homeschooling parents. Most of the county and the school district is against it.