Monday, February 9, 2009

Sunny Times

This has been our afternoon.  After homeschooling, we had a back deck lunch and then the kids were able to just abandon themselves to the outdoors.  They played here (in the picture above) for so long, imagining they were on a ship or something.  They were totally in their own world, full of imagination.  I watched from the deck.  I sat with the sun shining down on my face.  I took total delight in knowing I wasn't directing what they were experiencing.  

It is another beautiful warm day.  This gives us a true yearning for spring and all its glories.  The gift of sunlight is total bliss for me.
Sunday, we spent the entire afternoon outside.  Scott spread out the horse manure and tilled the garden.  We planted peas and onions.  The kids ran around with bare feet getting dirty, playing and snacking.  What a perfect afternoon.
Here's Maddie watering our newly planted onions and peas.


Kalen helping out with the yard work.


Here's my hard working man tilling up our garden


Barefeet and glamorous



2 comments:

none said...

Thank you for making sure to mention the weather in your posts. As I said before, It gives us hope for some warm weather here in the UP, in Michigan. It's still pretty cold here, and to see the sun shining and the kids in summer type clothes makes me feel warm inside. Looks like the gardening is going great and the kids look like they really enjoy it.

Laura said...

ooohhhh i am so jealous!! so glad you are enjoying the weather. the true benefits of living the south this time of year. that's so awesome. glad you are soaking it up.