Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Kalen's Car

Several weeks ago, Kalen and I were sitting looking through a 1-2-3 Draw book Mom gave us awhile back.  The book has lots of different vehicles in it.  He pointed to this cute little race car and decided to draw it.  
Then, after he draws the car, he asked me if maybe I could put this on a shirt for him.  In other words, he wanted me to cut out these same shapes and stitch them to a t-shirt for him.  I told him I could try.  Well, I finished the little race car last night at Andrea's house.  I think it turned out cute and Kalen loves it.  Tonight, as he was taking it off, he said, "I think this is my most favorite shirt ever, Mommy."  My heart melted.


6 comments:

Pammie said...

that is so precious and it look so cute. you are very talent mom. I am deaf and I have one daughter who home school two oldest kids (grandkids). I have four grandkids. I am very happy to see another mom who home school. I also love to make things too. It is nice to see young mom make something for her own kid.
Keep doing it because the kid will always love something that is made by mom. I know I love the things that my mom made for me. I will have to ask my daughter to take pictures of some things that my mom made for me and put it on my blog. Love reading your blog.
Pammie (Nunna)

Jules said...

That is adorable! And, wow - can Kalen draw. You are all a family of artists!

The Presnell's said...

Wow Anna! SO nice! Maybe I should take up this sewing thing too! I have one of those tiny sewing kits, so it might take me a lot of thread and time, ahah! This is something he will treasure!

Jennifer said...

That is very very cute! At the hanes store here in Winston, the employee store at the warehouse, you can get t-shirts for .50 cents. You could get them in like a 3x and would have tons of fabric to cut up. Just something to think about. Or even tableclothes from consignment stores I guess the options are endless....

TS said...

That is great! The fashion designing team!

Kristen said...

this is awesome! I have loved watching you do this for some time and have been wanting to give it a try...you are gettin so skilled at this and so creative! Way to go Kalen on the design end!