Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010

Happy New Year folks! We are certainly enjoying the start of our 2010. Our Christmas was both busy and sweet. We are thankful to have visited with family. We've been getting back into our groove here at home. All the while, the kids have been enjoying their new toys and such. Tomorrow, we will start back with homeschooling and Scott will begin getting himself ready for his comprehensive exams in February. This entails lots of reading. Thankfully, he has completed all of the classwork that is required of him. We are only looking at about 2 and a half more years before Scott finishes up with his PhD work. Hooray! I am so proud of him.

Here's a little of what has been going on.

On New Year's Day, we took the kids out to a soccer field and played for an hour or so. It was freezing cold, but no one seemed to mind. Well, I can't lie. I was ready at the first mention of heading home. We had so much fun playing three on three and having races.

Madelyn has been sewing. Yes, she has really taken to it. It is amazing what kids can do when you cater to their interests, connect and put some trust in them.

She made a sachet and put some lavender in it.

I have been quite fascinated with my new cookbook. Jan and Jerry gave this to me for Christmas. I have already made a pumpkin pie and down below you'll see our DELICIOUS homemade cinnamon rolls.

Of course, Kalen was right in the middle of this baking project.

This was certainly an 'at home day' endeavor. There were many phases to these tasty treats.

Mmm . . . they just melt in your mouth. So good!!

Here is Brayden in one us his dress up creations. I thought it was picture worthy. The kids dress up daily. This one was just too cute.

I received a big waffle maker for Christmas. We made tons of waffles on New Year's Day. The boys are pictured here with Scott, such great helpers. The waffles turned out great. I can share our vegan waffle recipe if you want.

Brayden totally in character here, another costume change worth capturing. The kids are really into superhero play. Yesterday, Brayden came running through the kitchen to Madelyn and said, "Let's go save the world, Catwoman." That funny little quote was the first quote to make it to the 2010 laugh jar.

2 comments:

Angela Skelton said...

Well it sounds like your year has started of well.
Can you tell me what the laugh jar is? I'm sure it's as easy as it sounds, but it looks like something I would like to do with my kiddos. Thanks!

Anna Morrison said...

Hey Angela! The laugh jar is super easy. Get yourself a cute jar that you don't mind having out somewhere. Apply the label Laugh Jar. Cut index cards in half and use them to write down Erin and Aiden's cute quotes. Keep all 2010's quotes in the jar for that full year. On Dec. 31st empty your jar and gather your family for a nice chuckle. Read the quotes then put them in a designated photo album (the kind your just slide your pictures in). It would be a shame if we forgot all these hilarious things our kids say. Maybe you can jot down one of Erin's 'like' ramblings. ;)
If you really want to read what I wrote on my blog. Scroll down my blog, look on the right column for my blog archive. My first laugh jar post was on December 31, 2007.