Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cute Stuff

Madelyn made this sweet little felt bag. It was her first attempt at making something from her new Cute Stuff book. Jan and Jerry gave Madelyn this book for Christmas, encouraging her to sew (one of her latest passions). I helped her out quite a bit . She used my machine to stitch around all the sides, she picked out the fabric colors and what kind of animal (she chose a frog) applique she wanted to create. She really has a special touch with the machine and with maneuvering sewing materials. Have I mentioned how fun it is doing this with her? To connect on this level of common interest is really cool. She is growing up so fast. I keep telling myself, savor this.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

VERY CUTE! We'd love to get our hands on that book, too. Way to go Maddie. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so darling! What will you two make next?

~Brooke

Mama Teaching 3 said...

I love that book!!!! Great job, young lady!

Unknown said...

Great job, Maddie!! very cute:)