Friday, May 18, 2007

Appreciating Life





Yesterday, I checked the headlines and saw how a father had put his 2 month old baby in a microwave. I just sat with total amazement and horror. I wondered what would lead one to do such a thing. I had to quickly redirect my thoughts for the anger that would soon overtake my mind.

I am thankful for the lives of each of my children. I appreciate their life. They give so much. They are all little wonders that I get to witness each day. Each one is unique. Each have their strengths and weaknesses. All of them have good and bad days. They all have moments of glory and moments that they really are needy. They are dependent. Each one of them are dependent on Scott and I to provide for them. We are to provide food to sustain them, love that will nurture them and discipline and training that will grow them. Sure, it is work, work well worth it.

As I am packing up our house, I am tucking away precious items for my children. I have made a bin for each of them. Each bin contains various keepers from their time of birth until now. I find myself finding more and more things to store for them. We have so many wonderful memories of our time raising our children. We want them to know that they are so loved by their parents and we truly appreciate their existence.

No comments: