Tuesday, May 8, 2007

A Father's Love


I enjoy watching Scott with our children. He has a way with them. He is fun loving, gentle, caring, devoted, creative, and silly with each of them. He is careful about when he chooses to discipline them. He knows when to be firm and when to let things go. He is patient and forbearing. He is a protector and positive presence. His children adore him.

From the moment Scott arrives. All eyes are on him. Everyone wants to talk to him, touch him, and listen to him. Just to be near him is what we all have been waiting for all day long.

These observations make me think of our relationship with our heavenly Father. I know that God desires the best for us. He is gentle, creative, and loving. God delights in us. He likes watching us grow and laugh. He is patient when we do wrong and knows how to draw us to himself. I want to follow my children's example and crave being with my Father.

No comments: