Thursday, May 10, 2007

May 10th







Hooray! I am 29 years young today!! Scott left me a little note this morning that said he wanted my day to be full of sweetness and sunshine. I can truly say that I have experienced just that.

More than anything, I wanted the sun to shine today and to be able to take the kids out somewhere and enjoy nature. I decided to take them to one of my favorite places here in the mountains. We took a little 15 minute drive to Bass Lake. It was gorgeous today. We were all overwhelmed by the beauty and life that surrounded us.

A lot of times when we take nature walks the kids take their clip boards and sketch somethings they see that they observed in nature. I caught a picture of Madelyn sketching. She looked so amazing there within the scene I was looking at. Julian and Kalen had their clip boards, too. Charlotte Mason would be proud. I really want them to love nature and be good observers of it.

We watched geese, picked flowers, picked up sticks, walked, talked and threw rocks in a little stream. It was just heavenly.

I am thankful today for the life that surrounds me. I am grateful for my cup that runs over every day with countless blessings. God has grown me and changed me. He is still molding me and making me (daily) into who he wants me to be. I hope to never be content with who I am. Not only do I hope to grow to a very old age, I pray that those years will be full of change, growth and beauty.

Lord,
Thank you for life. Thank you for how you have grown me up. Thank you for not giving up on me. You have been patient and showed me your unfailing love time and time again. Thank you for Scott, the love of my life. Thank you that he is a man that adores me and cherishes me. Thank you for four amazing and healthy children. Children that are joyful and appreciate life and beauty. Thank you for family that supports me and for friends that lift me higher than I could ever reach. Thank you for a home to homeschool in. Thank you for that sacred freedom that you give me each day. I am nothing without you, Lord. Amen.

1 comment:

laurie said...

I praised the Lord yesterday for your life and beauty..inside and out! I love you, girl!