Thursday, May 24, 2007

She is retiring!



Weeks ago, I got a call from a friend of my moms. She wanted us to come to Mom's last day of school and surprise her. They were to do a special luncheon and then honor her in various ways. At the end of this presentation, a couple of ladies did a "Letterman-like" top 10 reasons to retire. Number 1 would be spending time with her family, including six grandchidren.

The kids and I did venture down the mountain to be a part of such a sweet celebration. We stopped by my grandma's house first for lunch a little quality time with her. That was a lot of fun. We left for Mom's school and arrived on time. We met up with my brother and his family and we waited for the sign to go into the lunch room to surprise Mom.

With roses in hand, we all paraded into the room, without Mom's knowledge. She had her back to us. She was more than surprised when she turned to find all six grandchildren at her feet. She screamed, cried and well . . . cried some more. I do not think there was a dry eye in the all of the faculty. She truly felt honored.

We decided to go on home with her. The kids had a ball playing outside and eating ice cream (soy delicious). Mom was just beaming. I have never seen her so extremely lively.

We are proud of you, Mom. Happy Retirement!

2 comments:

TS said...

GREAT NEWS! Congrats to Deb! That was very sweet of them to invite you all.

Torie

Anonymous said...

HEY Anna! YIPPY! I am so so happy that it went so well! I rejoice with you in these successful trips with 4 kid-o's. Your an awesome Mama & I love you! Mandy