Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday

Yesterday was nonstop. In short, it went from homeschooling to grocery shopping.  Then we went to soccer and ballet.  Then we did the pick ups and both soccer and ballet. Then it was time to go home for supper. The kids really didn't miss a beat. I was impressed with their ability to just roll with what comes next. Of course, the fussing comes and goes as with the setting.  With Madelyn and Julian being involved with their activities, life is different and more full of going and coming.  After neglecting to do grocery shopping all weekend, the line-up for our schedule yesterday was quite hectic.  We managed and actually did quite well.

Whenever we go grocery shopping at the Whole Foods in Chapel Hill, which is a glorious experience since they have expanded the store and there is actually room to get all my children easily down the aisle without totally being in the way of on coming shopping traffic, we always go to the thrift store right by it.  Yesterday, I had with me a few extra bucks I had made at the yard sale I was involved with while home a couple of weeks ago at Mom's.  I hadn't planned on spending it, but we each found something and it all came up to $7.  Here's my favorite find, an oriental skirt for Maddie, just her size.  I love it!


We go shopping weekly.  This is what we came home with at 3:30 pm.  We go to three different stores when we grocery shop.  We visit Harris Teeter for produce and canned veggies.  We go to Whole Foods for 365 brand items, bulk stuff, and frozen veggies and fruit.  Then it is on to Trader Joe's for breads, coffee, tofu products, nuts, spaghetti, oils, crackers, hummus and the all important and cheap wine.   
 
Madelyn had just gotten in the van as we were all rushing about to get to soccer practice and ballet on time.  Soccer starts at 5 and it was currently 4:48 pm.  I caught her touching up her face.  I love this shot.

This is just before take off.  Notice Brayden's pocketbook.  He had it stuffed with Diego, monkeys and such.  Cracks me up.

Dropping Jules off at the clubhouse just above the soccer fields.  This was about 4:58 pm.  I am not very accustomed to this drop off thing.  It is a weird feeling.  I am learning more and more how to let go and allow my kids to be independent.  

Here we are entering into the ballet school at 5:10, class starting at 5:15.  The boys are in tow and Maddie is all ready.

Madelyn and her friend, Simone.  They are the only two in their class.  We have been quite happy with the fact that these two get one on one training from Mr. Barriskill.  They have learned a lot of technique this year.  They have been at it for nine months and will have a performance in 4 weeks.



So, the boys and I walk out of the ballet school and I catch this quick picture of our two little guys.  Check out their new shirts from the thrift store.  Kalen really wanted this shirt he found.  I told him he had never been to DC, but we really want to take him soon.  I also told him that is where the president lives.  Quickly, he said, "Oh Mommy, I really want this shirt, because this is where Barack Obama lives!"  Julian and I found the green soccer jersey for Brady at the thrift store.  Brayden is crazy about soccer.  In fact, right now he has on his jersey and big yellow soccer socks that come up to his upper thighs.  So cute.  Since Brady had been wearing Kalen's jersey, we thought it would be only fitting that he have his own.  It swallows him.  The kids said he must be on the Green Lizards team.  

We go back to Julian's field, as Maddie is in class, and watch him for a bit.  I caught him scrimmaging his fellow teammates.  

He made the this shot.  I love how the sun was shining so bright that the rays were in this photo.  

The boys and I hurried off the field to zip back over to Madelyn's ballet school to get her, five miles up the road.  We successfully made both pickups on time and were headed home for supper at 6:30 pm.  The kids snuck in a little neighbor playtime in our backyard, as I prepped and cooked supper.  Karina, Desmond, and Ellie came over to play for a bit until 7:30 pm.  Then we ate and I put the kids to bed around 8:15 pm.  All the while, Scott was busy trying to wrap up his semester with classes and meetings.  He has a couple more weeks of work until he finishes his coursework.  At 8:45 pm, I loaded these photos and then went to unload the dishwasher, clean up the kid's supper and start fixing mine.  Of course, then there was the picking up that needed to be done all in between.  I cozied up in a chair with my supper around 10 pm and started watching Oprah.  I get a phone call from Scott and he is on his way home from his meeting.  Ahh . . . what a day.  




3 comments:

Chrystal said...

Whew! That makes me tired just reading about your day! :)

Laura said...

what a fun playbyplay!

TS said...

I look forward to the extracurricular activities. You handle it all well.

Missing you.

torie