Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Morrison Family Celebrating

Jan, Jerry and Shanda came to us today to celebrate our April birthday kids, Maddie and Kalen.  They gave them gifts and took us out for lunch.  It was a gorgeous day here in Durham.  We had  a lot of fun.

Brayden, Kalen and Madelyn loving on Aunt Shanda outside Weaver Street Market.


Grandpa hanging out with the kids outside with lunch.


Brayden and Grandpa sharing a sweet moment.  


Scott was not feeling well today, so his sweet sister and dad mowed his grass for him.  


LEGOS for Kalen.


Hooray!  Madelyn was given some new rollerblades!  She had been practicing with Kalen and Julian's.  She is quite good.


Aunt Shanda gave Kalen some protective gear for all of his skating adventures.



Julian and Nana shared a game of Scrabble together.  This is currently Julian's favorite game.


Kalen built this LEGO dump truck all by himself.  Great job, buddy!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Girl, you DO have a lot of birthdays in april, huh??!! looks like you have done a fantastic job celebrating all of them. well done, mom. have a great week!

oh, and am so impressed with your garden! that looks beautiful and i know it will be such fun to eat from it this summer!

FreeK said...

Hi Anna,

I was trying to blog like you yesterday, but had a hard time. One picture with a caption. Am I missing something?

Anna Morrison said...

Kim, I upload all my photos first. Once that is complete, I work on the Compose part verses the Edit Html part.
I usually write up a little bit about the post on top of the first photo. Then, I just go beneath the photos and click the centering text icon and then begin typing about it. I press return and then scroll down to the next one to begin writing about it. It is difficult when you try and add more photos once you have added text.
Tell me if you get it. Who knows if this makes sense or not.

Anna Morrison said...

Kim~ also, I would definitely try and put your photos just in the center. I always choose the middle for placing my photos on. If you put it to the left or write it is very difficult to figure out how to put text in there at the right place. Believe me, I have tried. Again, hope this helps.

FreeK said...

Thank you Anna, it makes sense, I will try your tips next time.