Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Another full day










Scott is really getting in the groove with school. He has been reading most of the day and is already on top of things. This comes as no surprise. I am so glad we are here and he is living in his dream world. It means a lot to me to see him so happy and excited about life. I am thankful for his aspirations and his energy to follow through. I am proud to have a man that loves to learn and is interested in bettering himself. Not that I think he needs to be bettering himself. Don't read me wrong. Hee hee.

Within our little homeschool we talked and learned about a lot of things today. There was a lot of creative play, especially with Legos. I had Julian create an Assyrian siege tower, as we are studying the Assyrians in History. He was so excited. He really likes history. Madelyn and Kalen, of course, wanted to make their own masterpieces as well.

Oh, and if you ever wonder what little one year olds do during learning time, I have a photo here for you. Cute, right? Man, I am learning and growing in the area of being flexible and available. Most of you that know me know that I like order and schedules. Things are changing as the children grow, of course. I am having to test certain things out at different times and so forth. I imagine this is a practice that homeschooling mothers, and any mother actually, do very frequently. Isn't it fun, ya'll?

Just an update ~ My grandma is doing a lot better at home now. My mom has just retired from teaching and is able to stay with her and care for her. It is a round the clock job. Grandma is definitely recovering and will be scheduling several surgeries in the near future.

I am adding a few pics of the kids from last night as well. Two are of Julian and Mads. They were really wanting their faces painted for some reason. Scott, being the fun dad that he is, painted their little faces. Also, there is a picture of Brayden enjoying his broccoli, a new favorite food.

No comments: