Friday, October 12, 2007

Art







I have been implementing Art into our Thursdays and Fridays. Of course, everyday we have some type of Art expression going on. On these two days though, I try to come up with activities we can do together that are planned and a little more structured. I have blogged about studying a couple of famous artists. I think that is an important and meaningful thing for us to do as well.

Yesterday, we made some little clay critters. This was much more intense than I first imagined. We had worked with clay a little before, but not with the kind you bake. Sculpey is the brand I bought and we had great success with it. Madelyn and Julian had an easier time molding the clay than my three year old, Kalen. I am sharing some photos with you of the kids with their creations.

Today, I brought out some items that we could reuse to make into our own art or what not. Madelyn used a container that we had bought with mushrooms in it to make a castle. Kalen made a "spy scope" with a paper towel roll. Julian made a game out of a coffee tin and some craft pom poms. He decorated the tin and stood back and tried to see how many of the balls he could get into the container. We had a fun time.

I am thankful that I am able to incorporate Art into our homeschooling. The possibilities are endless.

No comments: