Sunday, October 28, 2007

Little Recap








Our weekend was full of this and that. My hubby was so good to me and helped out in two major ways this weekend. On Saturday morning he took Jules, Mads and Kalen out to the Farmer's Market during Brayden's monster morning nap. This, of course, was after our yummy banana and pecan pancakes, straight from my new cookbook.

I was thrilled to have some time alone. I decided to clean the house. I scurried around this house faster than you would believe. It was like I was racing to see if I could get it all done before they returned and Brayden was up. I did it!!
Scott also cooked up some delicious soup that night. He had bought some greens from the farmer's market and made a soup he calls, "two bean and three leaf vegetable soup." It was really tasty. I made some extras for the kids, to go along with the soup. You never know with kids concerning soup. I am so thankful to have a man that makes such a great teammate. It really takes such a cooperative effort to get things done around here. He is always so willing to come to my aid and give things his touch here and there.

My dad and Sally were able to join us for a bit this weekend. They had both been traveling and decided to drop by. It was so good to see them.

Kalen was so cute about wanting to continue working with his homeschooling on friday. He had done several things like art, devotions and his workbook, but he wanted to do more. So, I put him to work in the kitchen. He cleaned two bags of red and green grapes and took them off the stems. Then, he put them in a large container for us. Never doubt what kind of jobs children are capable of doing. I think I added a picture of him with his proud container of grapes. He is a hard worker and such a helper.

Today was a full day of church, cooking, playing, and more church. Throughout all of our activities this weekend we have been so thrilled with the rain and the cool fall temperatures. Ahh . . .

No comments: