Friday, October 26, 2007

A Passion of Mine



I really love to cook. It is fun, relaxing, there is always something to learn, and it is a way of expressing myself. As we have changed our diet numerous times, I have had to be creative and rely on vegetarian/vegan cookbooks. I have had my eye on a cookbook for some time now. It is Sarah Kramer's La Dolce Vegan cookbook. She has several others. This one in particular is one that my sister-in-law, Shanda, has and I have actually looked through. You should know that Shanda is an excellent baker and loves to make treats for her niece and nephews.

Anyways, we were at the Morrison's house last weekend and Jan made several dishes from this cookbook. They were fabulous! I told her I had to get the cookbook. Without hesitation, she says something like, "yes, we'll have to go pick that up today." My mother-in-law is one of the most giving people I know. Soon after we spoke about the cookbook, she had found her credit card and was practically shooing me out the door to go get it. She is one of a kind.

I have been drooling over this new book. Sarah Kramer is quite an eccentric person and cook. If you see the cover of her cookbooks, you'll see the colorful characteristics I am referring to. I like her already. She has a website at govegan.net. Her recipes are doable, fun and yummy.
I have taken some photos of some biscuits I made this morning. I also have a photo of my new cookbook, new cookbook holder, and a nice Southern Living vase. These are all compliments of my generous and classy mother-in-law.

Thanks, Jan. I love you so much. You are such an amazing giver. I appreciate how you have taught me how to cook over the years. Without you knowing it, you have encouraged me to enjoy being in the kitchen and providing meals to my family. I appreciate you and your way of loving on people and their passions.

No comments: