Monday, October 29, 2007

Reading and Writing






I feel like I always have something to blog about. I love posting. It is a stress relief, a form of expression and a means of communication to all of you. No matter how much chatter there is in the background. No matter how many baskets of laundry yet to be folded are around me. No matter what time of day. I can sit and vent, brag or just relay my thoughts to you all. There are countless things to share or confess each day. Today, I am most thankful that my daughter is now a reader. Just recently, Madelyn and I have been picking out level one books from the library for her to read on her own. She has amazed us. She is very persistent and willing to grow. We are so proud of her.

Madelyn is also doing very well with her writing. Julian and Madelyn are both working through a series of books called Draw, Write, Now. It teaches children drawing and handwriting. I am posting a picture of Madelyn and Julian working on their Draw, Write, Now today. You can kind of see what the process looks like.

Our Homeschool continues to ignite me weekly. I am so challenged by the growth, passions, curiosity, energy, and determination of my children.

1 comment:

laurie said...

Way to go Maddie! We are so proud of YOU!

Much love,

Laurie, Owen and Griffin