Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Highlights






Life is good and full.  Many times throughout the day I catch myself just taking a big deep breath, trying to take everything in.  We have many ups and downs throughout our week.  Here are some of the ups . . .


Aunt Shanda gave Julian a Lego set for his birthday.  He has had fun putting some of the creatures together.  He made a spider and a wasp. It is amazing how he can put those things together.  I commented to him about how incredible it is that he can put things together so well.  He responded with, "Well, you could do it, Mom."  I quickly said, "Oh Julian, Mommy can't do that as well as you.  God has given you a special gift that Mommy doesn't really have."  He looked at me in wonder.  Thank you, Shanda, for supporting this very special interest he has.

Julian had his first soccer practice Monday.  He did well.  We all were out there watching him.  He really enjoyed it.  His team is called Orange Crush.  His first game is Saturday.  :)

I finished another knitting project.  I started it weeks ago when I was sick.  I made Scott a gray hat.  It turned out alright.  I also made a baby hat a few weeks ago.  Those are really fun.  

By the way, Scott's ankle is doing a lot better.  He went to a little rehab session yesterday and the trainer was impressed by Scott's determination.  He is healing well and pushing towards a soccer game next week.  We'll see.

This week, the kids have been going out back behind our fence to explore in the natural area and patch of pine trees.  All four of them go back there together and root around for creatures.  They have found that a lot of bugs and snails live under some big rocks we have back there.  They have created some little habitats in containers and captured some of them.  They love the snails.  At least once a day I have heard, "Mom, I got slimed by a snail!"  Good times.

Today, we are heading to the museum and back home for movie night.  The fun never stops.  We have not been to the museum for awhile.  We plan on spending the whole afternoon there.  I don't think I have mentioned it lately, but I truly enjoy how much there is do with my kids here in Durham.  As a homeschooling family, it has been so nice to pick and choose (weekly) from so many rich activities.  I miss our small town moments we had in Boone.  There is nothing like it.  However, city life has it's benefits.  I am coming around.   

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow!! What a great picture of the snails!! That's cool:) I loved exploring our little creek, growing up. We always found salamanders and craw daddy's..so much fun and such great memories!

Julian is so talented! All your kids are talented and so unique..what a gift! You and Scott are amazing at what you do:) I love you.