Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My Patient


This morning I got a call from Scott at 7:35 am.  I knew something was up.  He goes on Tuesdays and Fridays to play basketball with some guys from our church.  They play ball at 6am.  I know, true love of the sport, right?  


So, he calls and tells me that he hurt his ankle.  Long story short, he did indeed hurt it badly. We took him to UNC's health care place and they took care of him, sending him away with crutches and an air cast.  Thankfully, he didn't break it, but he sprained it pretty bad.  

The thing that has made Scott so sick about all this is that he was suppose to play soccer tonight.  He just joined a league and has been so pumped about being out there playing one of his favorite sports.  Oh, how he loves his basketball and soccer.  That was the first thing he thought of as soon as he heard his ankle pop, I CAN'T PLAY SOCCER TONIGHT!.  

He has been in my care all day.  Although I wish him well, I have enjoyed him being helpless today.  It has been a wonderful opportunity to pamper him.  He is eating it up, of course.  

I had to post some pictures.  Let's just say we are even now, after all those sickly photos he posted of me when I was ill.  :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

poor thing!! We'll keep him in our prayers for a speedy recovery:) Give him a hug from all of us.