Friday, March 14, 2008

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

God's greatest gift to me this past week has been the sunshine.  I speak of it often, I know.  With getting over these sicknesses and dealing with some attitude problems, it has been so freeing to step outside and feel the warmth of the sun.  It has been so revitalizing.  

Yesterday, we had some friends over.  Payton and Jordan came over to our house and Kalen went over to their house to play with their little brother, Blake.  This is a trade off that I have worked out with my friend, Lisa.  It is so nice.  One reason it is so nice is because we live five minutes from one another.  Also, it is wonderful to have these kids in our home, sharing our toys and just living life with us.  

We have enjoyed our neighborhood park this week as well.  The kids call it the "squirrel park".  You could probably guess why they do.  It is a great little spot to roam and play.  

Today, we filled up the water table.  I did this mostly for Brayden, but the others enjoyed it as well.  Madelyn and Julian went out with Scott for the afternoon.  Kalen and I had some quality time together while Brayden slept.  We played games, had a fun snack, rode our bikes together, played ball, folded laundry, put sheets on Maddie's bed, and had a little rest time.  Kalen is a great pal and a super helper. 
 
I love summer, it is my favorite season.  However, I am really enjoying Durham this time of year.  Having the windows open, seeing the kids bare feet, and feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin . . . it is just glorious.  

Tomorrow, we are going to an event at the NC Museum of Natural Sciences in Raleigh.  They are doing this reptile and amphibian all day event.  We'll come home for naps and then we are heading to our friend's house for the evening.  Should be fun!






No comments: