Tuesday, July 29, 2008

25 Random Things

This was inspired by my friend Torie's blog post.  I am listing 25 random things about me that you may not know.  This will be a challenge, but I am up for it.


1.  I love cereal.  I could eat it morning, noon and night. 

2.  My favorite word is sunshine.

3.  I don't like olives.  

4.  When I was in kindergarten, my class took a field trip.  For some reason, I rode with another classmate with our teacher.  My teacher closed my finger in the car door.  

5.  My first car was a used red Sunbird.

6.  One of my favorite TV shows is the Andy Griffith Show

7.  I hold my right armpit with my left hand while I brush my teeth with my right hand every single time! 

8.  I don't finish things off, such as a cup of coffee, the last bit of something in the fridge, the last few pretzels in a bag.  I open a new one or just leave the last sip of drink in my cup.  Scott really loves this about me.  :)

9.  I was a cheerleader in junior high and high school.

10.  My full maiden name is Anna Laurel Kirby.

11.  I attended Appalachian State University and got a degree in Birth through Kindergarten.

12.  My freshman college roommate was unexpectedly pregnant and we found out together.  

13.  A nurse delivered my daughter, Madelyn.  Labor had progressed so quickly and the doctor just couldn't get there quickly enough.  

14.  I waited tables in a little cafe in Blowing Rock in college.

15.  When I was younger, I would spend the night with my maternal grandmother.  We would watch Nick at Nite and crack up at I Love Lucy for what seemed like hours.  

16.  I was afraid of the dark as a child.

17.  I like a good country song.  

18.  It was love at first sight with Scott.  I knew it when I simply looked at him.  Do you believe in that?  I do.  We have a one of a kind of love.

19.  I am not a morning person, not at all!

20.  I would love to volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House in Durham.

21.  I have learned to love reading.

22.  I am very thankful to be vegan and really can't stand the thought of what happens to animals on factory farms.  

23.  I became a vegetarian in 1997.

24.  I would love to learn to ballroom dance.

25.  I sleep on the left side of the bed.  

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Anna, this is awesome! I absolutely loved reading it...so you know I am just going to have to do this too! :) It was so fantanstic reading all these things about you... You miss all the fun quirky things about a person when you only know one another throug the computer. Thanks for the fun!

Jules said...

Fun idea! Thanks for sharing!

Gretchen said...

I am going to picture you holding your armpit now every time I brush my teeth! CUTE!