Sunday, July 27, 2008

Home Life & Creativity

Our home has been very rich with creativity recently, especially with Julian, Madelyn and Kalen.  Maybe it is due to these hot summer days or maybe just a development within our children.  I have enjoyed getting quite creative in the kitchen, as well.  It's fun to whip up a meal that is a delight to look at, as well as delightful to eat.  

The kids have been very creative with Legos and K'NEX.  As a proud mom would, I wanted to share a few of the creations that lasted until I was able to get a picture of them.  

Boat made by Julian with K'NEX


Madelyn with Lego house.  This was her first attempt at making a roof.  :)


This is Julian's Lego house with dog house underneath.  


This is a Red Lentil Pasta dish from one of Sarah Kramer's cookbook.


This is a Veggie Pot Pie.  I can't express to you how elated I was at accomplishing this.  I had never attempted a dish like this before.  It turned out so great!  The top crust was wonderful and super manageable.  Another super Sarah recipe.


Had to throw this in.  This is one of Kalen's toad friends.  We, I say we but really mean they, have found several lately in and around our yard.  This thrills Kalen to no end.  We keep them for a day or so, feed them crickets, observe them and send them on their merry way.  


In one of my recent posts, I mentioned Julian's new Swiss Family Robinson Comprehension Guide.  This is an activity from that.  He and I used two Silk soymilk containers and a couple of other materials to make this ship.  


This is Maddie with her bird.  She created this today, with a little help from Kalen.  

1 comment:

laurie said...

I love all the creations, but I am quite fond of that CUTE frog!! Go Maddie! Miss you all...