Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Home to Clemmons . . . home to Boone . . . home to King . . . ahh, home to Durham.  

We had a wonderful extended weekend away.  We were able to visit the Morrisons in Clemmons, friends in Boone, and my hometown, King, with my family.  

  
I didn't take many photos in Clemmons.  I guess we were having too much fun.  This is a picture of Madelyn and I after we both found a four leaf clover.  What are the chances?  :)


We decided since we were closer to Boone than if we were here in Durham, we would scoot on up the mountain for the day.  We were nervous as we made our way up on Saturday.  We had not been back, as a family, since we moved.  


Our little family went straight in to King Street where there is this fabulous little restaurant called Melanie's.  We ate well and visited more of our favorite hot spots of Boone.  


We had called up a couple of our Boone friends to meet us for a little play time at a park.  This is a picture of Julian with Bryant.  It was so nice to see them together again.  


Here are Tim, Scott St. Clair and my Scott.  They chatted for what seemed like hours, picking up right where they left off.  I enjoyed visiting with April and Cameron as well.  I just love them!  We miss them all so much here in Durham.


Here is a picture of all our kids.  From top left to right; Bryant, Price, Julian, Blane, (bottom left to right) Madelyn, Hattie Rose, Brayden, Virginia, Calvin and Kalen.  What a crew!!


Hattie Rose and Maddie


After our time at the park, the Greene family invited us to their farm.  We enjoyed several hours with this amazing family.  It was so beautiful to be there.  I breathed so deep, trying to take it all in.  Life in the mountains is slower and sweeter.  It was so nice to taste that again.


Much more to come from our weekend away.  Stay tuned.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

that's so great! I knew you had to be away vacating somewhere because you hadn't updated since Thursday:) I love returning to our many "homes", as well. There's nothing like it.
I'm glad you're back home safely.
much love,
em

TS said...

Glad to have you back in the blogging world. Thank you for your kind words.

I am really enjoying the earrings. Thank you so much sweet girl!!

love you

Kristen said...

What fun pictures! I really love the one of you and Scott!

Chrystal said...

That's a great picture of you and Scott! Oh how I would love a nice relaxing trip back to Boone . . . days to be cherished always! Glad that you guys had a good trip.

Melanie said...

Looks like a great trip! I'm sure it was so nice to escape to Boone this time of year. I had forgotten that you were from King. I was just there this morning, and it was such a pretty drive.