Friday, March 6, 2009

Being Thankful

Today, as the sun shines bright, my heart is full of thankfulness. I am thankful for the little toes I crammed into socks this morning. I am thankful for the chance to sit with my daughter and help her write a letter to a close, but far away, friend. I am thankful for the laughter I heard as I watched my husband tickle and tackle his kids. The buds that are present on the trees just outside our home were such a treat to see on our little venture around the neighborhood. Watching my kids use their very able bodies to bike or skate around is so delightful. Seeing my almost nine year old zoom past me at amazing speed was gratifying, his hair blowing in the wind. Pulling little undies up on my littlest, is a bit breathtaking and exhilarating.  I am so thankful for the growth that surrounds me.  


It is easy to see all the things that need to change.  (Don't get me wrong, change can be so good)  I can get so busy, so unmindful, to the true goodness of all the life that is around me.  Thankfulness creates joy to replace this eagerness to be discontent.  Today, I aim to breath deep, praise Jesus, and enjoy the fullness of what is my now, living in the now with a grateful heart and a spirit of awareness.

No comments: